Saturday, August 25, 2012

Summer Update + Video

     I have been on break since the Olympic Trials and it was long overdue. At the Trials I failed to make the final, but I took all three attempts in some unfavorable weather which was something to be happy with. It was tough to be happy at the time because simply clearing a bar is all it took to make the final. However, I was able to look back with no regrets because I tried as hard as I could and did not hesitate or give up at any point in the dangerous competition. After it was over I just enjoyed the other competitions and lived in the moment. It was a great experience and I had some fun times with my friends and family!
     After the Trials I did a couple of beach vaults before getting off my feet. I didn't have any spectacular performances, but I did end the season feeling extremely confident for next year. I also met with Neil Chasan, of the Sports Reaction Center, in early August and figured out the reason my foot had been hurting for months was due to a stress reaction in my 5th metatarsal. So I am currently in the middle of 6 weeks of no running or jumping. So I have been doing some cross training on the bike, elliptical, and other equipment at the gym. I have also been lifting like crazy and getting pretty damn strong, maybe the strongest I have ever been.
     The summers are short here in Seattle so I have been taking advantage of the nice weather by hitting the water often. I have been learning to wakeboard with our friends and doing flips off the diving boards as much as I can. I also had the opportunity to try trapeze at the Boeing Picnic that Lois' brother Josh brought us to. It was awesome! Here is a quick video to recap my summer thus far.


No comments:

Post a Comment