Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Catching Up

   Wow, it has been awhile since my last post! I have been traveling extensively and have competed in 3 meets since the last update. So here is a quick recap of what has been going on.
   Following the Stanford Invitational I competed in the Mt. SAC relays where I failed to clear a height. Next I returned to Stanford for the Payton Jordan Invitational where I cleared 17'7", but failed to make 18'0.5". I also ended up needing a bigger pole than was available at the meet, so for the next meet I ordered a new pole from UCS so that I would be prepared for good conditions. The next meet and most recent competition was in Eugene, OR where the Olympic trials will be held. I ended up jumping at 8:30pm so it was a little chilly, but we had a perfect tail wind which made for awesome vaulting conditions. I felt great running down the runway, however when I planted the pole I made some technical errors which caused me to miss my opening bar of 17'4.5". I was pretty disappointed with my performance because I had good conditions and felt great on the runway.
   Now I get a little break from competition so I can work on my technique before the next meet. I will be traveling to the Olympic Training Center (OTC) near San Diego on May 23 and will do a couple meets while I am there. The OTC is known for having great temperatures and tail winds as well as high caliber competitors. Therefore it will be a prime opportunity to improve my ranking before the Olympic Trials. It should be a really fun trip and I can't wait to get there!
   Here is a video of my clearance at the Payton Jordan and my attempts at the Oregon Twilight:

No comments:

Post a Comment